Gynecologic Surgery in Englewood
Gynecologic surgery can be a daunting process, whether you need emergency surgery or are considering surgical options for contraception or reducing menstrual bleeding. At All About Women’s Care, we have the most ideal environment staffed with all-female, board-certified physicians who utilize the most advanced procedures and devices. Our team is dedicated to providing minimally invasive surgeries that provide the best results for our patients with as little pain and downtime as possible.
Our In-Office Gynecologic Procedures
A number of our gynecologic procedures can be completed here in our office, providing a comfortable, welcoming environment for your visit. Our in-office procedures include:
● Endometrial ablation: Endometrial ablation offers an option to reduce or stop heavy menstrual bleeding when you are no longer planning on having children. This quick in-office procedure involves removing the endometrium, or the lining of the uterus. This process is safe and effective, dramatically reducing or completely stopping menstrual bleeding years before you hit menopause.
● Hysteroscopy: Hysteroscopy offers a way for our skilled providers to inspect your uterus and fallopian tubes to determine your uterine health and diagnose potential issues.
● LEEP: Loop electrical excision procedure, or LEEP, is a common treatment for high-grade cervical dysplasia. This minimally invasive, low-cost procedure removes abnormal cervical tissue and is a very effective treatment.
Our Outpatient Gynecologic Surgery Procedures
Our outpatient surgical procedures are minimally invasive and allow you to go home the same day as the procedure. Our outpatient procedures include:
● Diagnostic laparoscopy: Diagnostic laparoscopy is a surgical procedure for helping our providers diagnose gynecologic problems. These laparoscopies are typically used to diagnose issues like ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancies, and uterine fibroids.
● Tubal ligation: Often referred to as “getting your tubes tied,” tubal ligation is a surgical contraceptive procedure for women who don’t want future pregnancies. The process involves cutting, tying, or blocking the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy.
● Dilation and curettage: Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure that consists of removing part of the uterine lining. This process is often used to treat abnormal and severe uterine bleeding.
Our Inpatient Gynecologic Surgery Procedures
Our inpatient gynecologic surgery procedures are more involved surgeries that require time spent recovering in a hospital or surgery center. Our inpatient gynecologic surgeries include:
● Hysterectomy: Hysterectomies consist of surgical removal of the uterus, sometimes including removal of surrounding structures, as well. Hysterectomies are often used as a last resort to treat certain severe reproductive conditions.
● Bladder repair: Bladder repair is a minimally invasive surgery that is used to treat stress urinary incontinence.
● Ovarian cyst removal: If you have an ovarian cyst that doesn’t go away on its own or is causing significant pain, we may need to perform surgical removal.